Book Code: 0361
Size: 5" x 8"
Publisher: JUDSON PRESS
List Price: $11.00
Web Price: $8.80
Do you strive to live the “servant life” only to feel burned out from overcommitment? Do you continue to say “yes” to requests to do more, believing it’s what Jesus commanded?
Mary Hammond divides this incisive book into three sections:
- Meeting Ourselves where she looks at faulty perceptions about who we are and who we are supposed to be as Christians
- Meeting Jesus Anew in which she guides us to look at the way Jesus struggled with the same problems that often drive us to distraction
- Using this Resource with Small Groups which offers guidelines for a freeing adventure instead of a dry discussion of The Road toward Wholeness
- Perfectionism and Self-blame: Never Good Enough
- Rescuing and Burnout: Never Helpful Enough
- Jesus Struggled with Family Issues
- Jesus Said No
- Jesus Struggled with Boundaries
- Jesus Cared for His Own Needs
Each chapter ends with suggested Scripture verses and reflection questions. Space is available for notes or journaling.
“An excellent guide for people looking for a way to grow into spiritual wholeness, especially those who, although they may have been Christians for years—even ordained ministers—still feel inadequate, as if they can never do enough or get caught up.” —from the foreword by J. Keith Miller, author of The Taste of New Wine and The Secret Life of the Soul