Book Code: J183
Size: 5" x 8"
Publisher: JUDSON PRESS
List Price: $15.99
Web Price: $12.79
In this encouraging, practical, and easy-to-read Living Church resource, experienced church leaders Susan Gillies and Ingrid Dvirnak use stories and case studies to:
- Identify obstacles to cultivating lay leadership and ways to overcome them
- Explore how to identify gifts and match them to organizational needs and ministry interests
- Address recruiting and sustaining leaders in their roles
Additionally, the authors establish:
- The value in having leaders rotate through a season of followership
- The importance of cultivating your own spiritual health in order to be a more effective leader
- The need for leadership development beginning with children and extending through retirees
A must-have resource for each church pastor!
"I love this book (and not just because I have great respect and affection for its authors)! Seminarians should study it and pastors would do well to read and reflect on it. From chapter to chapter it gets better and better. New and well-seasoned ministers will benefit from the simple strategies given for personal and congregational behaviors that encourage leaders to emerge." —Rev. Dr. J. Dwight Stinnett, Living Church Series Editor, Executive Minister, American Baptist Churches, Great Rivers Region