Author Nancy Ferguson brings years of experience as a parent and a church camp professional to this interactive devotional designed especially for families and church groups with young children. Organized around five week-long themes, this creative resource explores Scripture and nature to teach accessible and hands-on lessons about God, human relationships, and creation care.
Each weekly theme includes the following six components:
1. Theme—describes in few words the thematic focus of the day’s discussion
2. Claim the Time—a song or Bible verse to signal the beginning of family time with God
3. A Place to Begin—provides one or two questions or discussion ideas to use before the “Something to Do” activity.
4. Something to Do—an outdoor activity for your family or church group to do together, connected to the biblical story that will follow
5. Bible Discovery— includes a retelling of the biblical passage, ideally in your own words
6. Closing Prayer
Finally, we've included a recipe for s'mores and other camp treats. This is the perfect resource for family camping trips or church camps!