Book Code: J159
Size: 4" x 6"
Publisher: JUDSON PRESS
List Price: $17.99
Web Price: $14.39
Jason Curry’s interview on Just Men TV.
In writing this newest volume in Judson Press’s best-selling “Star Book” series, Rev. Dr. Jason Curry offers ministers “a new resource for understanding the theory and practice of pastoral counseling in an ecclesiastical and postmodern context.” The Star Book for Pastoral Counseling is a practical guide for pastors, establishing pastoral counseling as a vital part of pastoral care. The book offers:
- An overview of basic principles of counseling
- A step-by-step approach to the first session
- Help in constructing a genogram
Also included are sections related to:
- Addiction and bereavement counseling
- Making referrals
- Ethical and legal issues
- Insights for counseling different groups, such as couples, families, women, African Americans, and the poor