JOEL C. GREGORY, MDiv, PhD, is professor of preaching at George W. Truett Theological Seminary of Baylor University, a Distinguished Fellow of Georgetown College, and founder and president of Joel Gregory Ministries. Recently he was inducted into the Martin Luther King Jr. International College of Preachers, which recognizes those who embody the principles of peace, justice, and reconciliation.
- Read Gregory's Huffington Post piece, "The Black Church: Alive & Well," published in response to an earlier post by a Princeton University religion professor titled, "The Black Church is Dead."
- "Gregory, Crouch say white churches have a lot to learn from black ones," Associated Baptist Press, May 13, 2010
- "Authors: Black church's obituary is premature," Philadelphia Tribune, May 21, 2010
- "Can We Hear an 'Amen'?," The Oakland Tribune, May 20, 2010
- Radio interview with Roland Martin, June 3, 2010
- Subject of article "Preacher who was put 'on the shelf' finds surprising ally" in the Fort Worth Star Telegram, June 18, 2010
- Interviewed in article "Shifting role for black churches in Austin?" in American-Statesman, September 4, 2010
- What We Love about the Black Church is featured in "I Love The Culture Of The Black Church" on the blog Anna Renee is Still | Talking (9/18/2010)
- What We Love about the Black Church was the December 2010 Book of the Month on SoulPreaching.com.