Rachel Gilmore, MEd, has twenty years experience working in nonprofit settings in the areas of Christian education and youth ministry (including retreat ministry), as well as volunteer management, program/event planning and facilitation, and public relations. A prolific writer, Rachel writes for Christianity Today's SmallGroups.com website and previously wrote a weekly column titled “Intersections...of Faith and Life” on frankfort.patch.com. She has had more than 200 articles published in local newspapers and national magazines such as Chicago Parent, Christian Parenting Today, DevoZine, Leader in the Church Today, Church Educator and Group magazine. She is a contributor to Best of Try This One: Most Popular Ideas from the #1 Youth Ministry Resource and Plugging in Parents: 200 Ways to Involve Parents in Youth Ministry, both from Group Publishing. In 2012, her story "Gracefully Grateful" will appear in The Magic of Mothers and Daughters, a new edition of the Chicken Soup for the Soul series.
- View Rachel's webinar "Relighting the Torch through Spiritual R & R" (4/29/09)
- Listen to Rachel's podcast on the topic of intergenerational programming and how it can benefit your church (8/11/10)
- Read Rachel's articles on www.smallgroups.com:
"Time to Get Away: Consider taking your small group on a spiritual retreat."
"The Benefits of Small Groups in Smaller Churches: Exploring the power of accountability, forward momentum, and missional identity"
"When Children Behave Badly: Important tips and principles for disciplining children in a small group" (intergenerational)
"Do You Lead a Life-Changing Small Group?" (Assessment Pack)
- View Rachel's webinar "Engaging All Ages with Church Celebrations" (1/12/11)
- The Complete Leader's Guide to Christian Retreats was referenced in "Camping as congregational transformation" in The Presbyterian Outlook, 2/21/2011
- 'Tis the Season: Church Celebrations for Christmas is recommended in "2011 Advent Home Worship" (General Board of Discipleship, United Methodist Church), 10/31/11