Paula Silva is co-founder and president of FOCUS Ministries, Inc. FOCUS Ministries is a nonprofit 501c3 Christian organization that reaches out to hurting women and families experiencing domestic violence, relationship issues, separation, and divorce. FOCUS provides free counseling, support groups, and educational literature. The ministry also trains support group leaders at the Train the Trainer Seminar and provides domestic violence educational training to churches and organizations.
Silva holds a BA in Elementary Education and a MA in Counseling. She is a member of the American Association of Christian Counselors and served on the Inter Faith Leadership Advisory Committee for the Mayor’s Office of Domestic Violence in Chicago. She regularly leads support groups, training events, conferences, and workshops on the topics of family violence, relationship issues, and personal growth.
As she contemplates her journey, she states, I stand in awe of my Lord that He would use my painful experiences and shattered dreams in life to make a difference in someone else. He has been so faithful to me showering me with His endless love and blessings. What a privilege it is to be in an intimate relationship with God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit knowing that a way will be made when there seems to be no way.
Paula is available to speak at churches, retreats, women’s conferences, schools, and conferences for pastors and counselors with a personal testimony or seminars/workshops on domestic violence. Contact her at 630-595-7023, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or regular mail at FOCUS Ministries, Inc., P.O. Box 2014, Elmhurst, IL 60126.
- Co-author: TEEN FOCUS: Relationships Smarts Curriculum
- Co-author: Pastor’s Guide: Dealing with Domestic Violence
- Co-author: Domestic Violence Manual
- Co-author: Support Group Leader’s Guide
- Article: “Domestic Violence Among Believers: Confronting the Destructive Secret” in Christian Counseling Today, 2005
- Article: "Human Trafficking: Terrorize No More," in Just Between Us
- Interviewed for "Emotional Abuse in the Local Church," an article from Focus on the Family
- interviewed for the article, “The Other Pro-Life Movement” in Today's Christian Woman (Mar-Apr 2009 issue)
- Guest: Midday Connection on the Moody Radio with Andrea Fabry, Anita Lustrea, Melinda Schmidt
- Guest: Church Insider Blog Radio, March 12, 2010
- Guest: The Harvest Show, March 11, 2008
- Guest: A Time for Hope
- Guest: WYLL
- Interviewed for KLOVE, November, 2009
- Interview on Moody Radio (90.1 FM in Chicago) on the Nancy Turner Show, 7/30/10
- Interview on Faith Radio with Stephanie Kay, 10/12/10
- Interview on 90.1 FM Moody Radio Chicago, 10/19/10
- Interview on BlogTalkRadio discussing domestic violence and the church, 11/23/10
- Interview on "This is the Day" on Moody Radio, 12/28/10
- Interview on Pilgrim Radio, 11/8/11
Listen to Paula's podcast on domestic violence.